Interventional Pain Management Techniques
Oxford Pain Consultants are able to provide a wide range of interventional pain management procedures. The appropriateness of these procedures will be discussed with clients as required.
All interventional pain procedures are undertaken in a state-of-the-art imaging suite utilizing appropriately skilled staff.
Interventional Pain Management Procedures offered include:
- Epidural injections
- Facet joint injections – cervical, thoracic or lumbar
- Transforaminal Nerve root injections – cervical, lumbar, sacral
- Lumbar and Cervical Sympathetic nerve injections
- Radiofrequency denervation procedures to cervical, lumbar or sacral spine.
- Radiofrequency denervation procedures for chronic intractable knee pain.
- Provocative discography and other intradiscal procedures
- Ultrasound guided peripheral nerve radiofrequency dennervations e.g. to suprascapular nerve
- Quetenza (Capsaicin) Patch applications for neuropathic pain
- Neuromodulation techniques e.g. peripheral electrical nerve stimulation (PENS) and implantable spinal cord stimulation for chronic neuropathic pain and intractable pain following spinal surgery.
- Nucleoplasty (disc decompression), coblation therapy.
- Botulinum toxin for chronic muscular pain and chronic neuropathic scar pain.
Dr Cole or Dr Sawyer will be happy to discuss the appropriate place for these techniques in modern pain management practice.